Alternative Medicine at Central Texas Cat Hospital
When you take your cat to an animal hospital, you won't be surprised to receive recommendations for standard treatment methods such as drugs and surgery. But just as human medicine has expanded greatly beyond those limited options, so has the world of veterinary medicine. Here at Central Texas Cat Hospital, we can provide your feline friend with a number of alternative medicine techniques as part of a holistic healing or pain management program.
The Wide World of Feline Alternative Medicine
While we're happy to provide whatever form of care will be most effective for your cat's individual needs, our ability to provide alternative medicine can yield some important extra advantages. For one thing, these treatments may eliminate the need for invasive surgery or drugs. Our natural treatment methods are not only safe, but they also complement each other to enhance each other's effectiveness. Your cat can receive them as frequently as needed to ensure his best health, comfort, and function. These methods include:
- Massage therapy - Massage therapy offers a host of benefits to the body. In addition to soothing pain and releasing muscle tension, massage can improve circulation, reducing swelling while aiding the healing process.
- Acupuncture - Acupuncture has been used on pets as well as humans for thousands of years. The needles trigger the body to make more endorphins, a natural pain reliever. They also seem to normalize nerve function.
- Phototherapy - Phototherapy makes use of light's natural healing energies.
- Physiotherapy - Physiotherapy can help your cat recuperate from an injury or manage chronic pain. These veterinarian-supervised exercises can expand the range of motion and rebuild strength in weakened limbs.
- Aromatherapy - Essential oils such as sandalwood, lavender, chamomile, and sage can have beneficial health effects on cats, from better skin and fur health to joint pain relief.
- Osteopathic treatment - Osteopathy is a gentle form of manual treatment that can soothe problems in a cat's joints, muscles, major organs, and connective tissues.
- Naturopathy - Naturopathy is a "whole body" approach to healing that addresses every aspect of your cat's life, from nutrition and musculoskeletal health to environment and stress levels.
Treatments for a Variety of Conditions
Bring your cat to our Round Rock animal hospital to see if an alternative medicine program can enhance his quality of life. We commonly prescribe such methods to treat:
- Digestive conditions
- Chronic or acute pain
- Systemic diseases
- Neurological dysfunction
Call Our Round Rock Veterinarian
Are you ready to learn more about the alternative treatment methods at our animal hospital? Call Central Texas Cat Hospital at (512) 388-1299 for a consultation with any Round Rock veterinarian on our team!